God's Geek

Reflections and random thoughts of a geeky youth worker in North London...

Monday, March 08, 2010

Moving on...

The blog has been quiet for a while, and that is probably for similar reasons as Lewis. We too, are moving on and it has been quite difficult to write about things while it was uncertain. We found out a couple of weeks ago that we have been accepted by BMS to be mid-term missionaries in Peru! The plan is for us to move to Birmingham in September and fly to Cusco, Peru in January 2011. We should hopefully be joining the Williamsons and are so excited about how God will equip and use us. This whole thing is so far out of my comfort zone and I can't wait for the adventure of relying on God for our provision, safety and Spanish skills!

The goodbyes will be very hard; this is the place where both of my children have been born and the only home that they have known so far. We have lots of family and friends here, and it will be painful to go. But we have felt some gentle tugs for a while that he was moving us on, and despite the fact that I had felt since I was about 16 that God wouldn't 'call me abroad' God in his infinite wisdom and with his own particular sense of humour, decided he knew things a bit better than I did. In a recent Passion[fruit} service, we considered how Mary would have felt after she discovered that she was pregnant. We thought that she would feel a mixture of excited, scared and a bit freaked out. I said that this was often how I felt when God was on the move. I then realised that is how I feel about the whole prospect of moving to Peru. God is good and I look forward to seeing how this next part of the adventure turns out.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Brush said...

How exciting! I shall be in Cusco in August this year - shame you won't be there by then! Our diocese has a link so I would definitely be interested in keeping up with all you're doing once you're there!

6:32 PM  
Blogger Roy said...

how exciting - such exciting times

10:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks!

Sarah - I can give you the details of the Willamsons who we will be working with if that is a help!

You will have to tell me all about your time in Cusco.

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home