God's Geek

Reflections and random thoughts of a geeky youth worker in North London...

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Easter Fun

I had a lovely Easter weekend, which involved a good balance of reflection and worship and time with family and friends. I had a surreal evening out on Sunday after church. I ended up in the pub with friends from church and then went to another pub with some of Neil's mates. And then it turned into a bizarre spontaneous school reunion as loads of blokes from Neil's year at school turned up. It was very surreal as Neil has only seen most of them once or twice in the last 12 years. It took an even more odd turn as Neil works for Crusaders, a Christian youth group organisation, and most of his school mates used to go to a Crusaders group at Enfield Baptist Church. I actually found it quite encouraging cos, despite messing about lots in the youth club all those years ago, a couple of them actually remembered a lot of the Christian stuff and still seemed interested in it. So, maybe the more challenging young people that I am in contact with are actually taking some of this stuff in?? The evening finished in a snooker hall with me making an absolutely incredible pot which I think without doubt proves the existence of God cos there was no way I did that in my own power!

Had a lovely time last night cos Pete and Sooz came around for dinner. At this point I would make a link to Pete's blog but my technical skill may not allow it. Does this work??

http://levesons.blogspot.com

The week will end in a more dramatic fashion as I am taking 30 young people to Spring Harvest on Friday...

1 Comments:

Blogger Sooz said...

We had a great time with you guys!! Hope you are enjoying your day off!! Think of me very busy at work!!
Thanks again! Hope to see you soon. Have fun at SH!

Sooz

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home