God's Geek

Reflections and random thoughts of a geeky youth worker in North London...

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Dick and Dom

Dick and Dom are back! I missed them last Saturday but caught some of the show this morning. I really love them and think they are so hilarious! I no longer need to watch the DVD (yep I really have the DVD) but I can watch their exploits live! There are some serious(ish) reasons why I think they are so great, for example, they encourage kids to be really silly and uncool which I think is really important. And I previously loved it as they didn't have any celebrities on the programme although it looks as if that has changed now. And they are just so silly. Brilliant stuff.

5 Comments:

Blogger Pete Lev said...

Dom lives just round the corner from me...
But I personally think the show is puerile nonsense (and not in a good way!) with no value, and frankly just annoying rubbish!
But wouldn't the world be boring if we all agreed and saw things the same way?

9:45 AM  
Blogger Pete Lev said...

oops - just re-reading the previous comment - and it was meant to be light hearted - not harsh as it might seem!

11:06 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

No probs Pete - I am used to people misunderstanding their genius. Got a funny feeling that after quite a few serious posts this is the one that will attract the comments... at least you didn't criticise Mr Darcy.

I am just impressed that you live near Dom...

11:16 AM  
Blogger Paul Windo said...

I have to confess to watching 'Da Bungalow' from time to time and really enjoying the pure silliness of it all - not sure about having a DVD of it but then it takes all sorts...

'Dick and Dom's Pride and Prejudice': Now there's a movie I'd like to see...

10:20 AM  
Blogger scottytoohotty said...

I'm with you Amanda. Dick and Dom is absolute lunacy but also pure genius. Particularly love pro-celeb bogies - playing this with my 13 yr old bruv has lead me to nearly being evicted and blacklisted from the nation's favourite supermarket.

Also played a version at Pathfinders last week replacing "Bogies" with "Thank You God". This was interesting, not least because the evening service was going on next door, but I'd also forgotten the ability of young girsl to emit ear piercing high pitched screams...

1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home