God's Geek

Reflections and random thoughts of a geeky youth worker in North London...

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

A Busy Wednesday...

I am v excited because lots of fun things are happening today. Firstly, I am off to see Athlete tonight at Brixton Academy. This is extra special because I am going with my mate Cat from back home in Norfolk. When we were teenagers we went to loads of gigs at Norwich Waterfront and UEA and sometimes managed to blag our way back stage. So tonight we are reliving our youth at the grand old age of 25. Except my back has been a bit sore lately so I don't think that I will be moshing at the front... sign of the times. (I think I found my first grey hair the other day. Hhhmm)

Anyway, I am really looking forward to the gig and expect Athlete to put on a good show. Will review tomorrow....

Also, Norwich have an important match today as they are playing Newcastle at home. Southampton drew last night so I am praying for a win. If we can beat Manchester United, anything is possible!

On another note, Neil and I went to see Bullet Boy yesterday. I thought it was a brilliant film looking at gun culture in inner city London. Asher D (I think) from So Solid Crew plays the main character and I thought he was very convincing. It is definitely worth having a look at. It isn't a perfect film but I thought it was realistic and thought provoking and definitely something youth workers should watch and get an opinion on. Let me know what you think....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home