God's Geek

Reflections and random thoughts of a geeky youth worker in North London...

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Seaside Rock!

Last week was fantastic, as we ran a holiday club for primary school children at our church. It was great and we got around 60 children every day. A lot of young people were involved in helping and they all worked really hard. In fact, it was one of the best things that I am involved with during my time at the church, mainly because it was truly all- age. Everyone from the age of 4 to 70- something were a part of things and mucked in together. I decided on Friday to take the young people out for pizza but the adults wanted to come as well! In the end around 35 of us took over Pizza Hut and just enjoyed eating and being together, which was pretty special.

The childern all had a great time and there was a great mix of praise, craft, games, stories, teaching and a giant duck called Quacker. I was involved in a number of things including being Peter and a giant duck, games and aerobics. I love these things, partly as it gives me a chance to work with children. I am currently working on a theory that most youht workers/ministers are children's workers as well. Any thoughts?.... I had a great time and am thanking God as I am pretty sure that lots of children experienced him throughout the week. After all, 'our God is a great big God!'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home