God's Geek

Reflections and random thoughts of a geeky youth worker in North London...

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Hospitals and Inequality

My local hospital Chase Farm doesn't have the greatest reputation and locally lots of people moan about it. It is where I have been going for all of my antenatal classes and where the baby will be born. However, I refuse to moan about the hospital - not only has the care I have received been brilliant but I read newspaper articles like this that make me realise once again how amazingly blessed we all are in this country. How can I begin to complain when women in Niger face a 1 in 7 chance of dying in childbirth?

2 Comments:

Blogger Roy said...

makes you think doesn't it?
On a positive note, our Caleb was born at Chase farm and he has done well for himself - I cannot fault the delivery team who were excellent!

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As much as I complain about the NHS (mainly re my foot!) i was speaking to my flatmate from jersey who was so excited about the fact that she could go talk to our uni GP without paying £25... even that is something i've always completely taken for granted.
XxxX

1:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home