God's Geek

Reflections and random thoughts of a geeky youth worker in North London...

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Youth Mission and Ministry

I had such a great week away at Cliff College and it is so good to be studying again. I can't even begin to explain how great it was to share and learn from like minded people that love God and young people. One of the things that God really left me with over the course of that week was a need for vision - and not just some nice plan of what to do - but a need for guidance from God, a desire to follow God's direction, get his heart for young people and build programmes and relationships through that.

I feel in quite a weird place at the moment, with loads of exciting opportunities opening up in the community and schools, but also finding some of the established groups at church really hard work. Something happened recently that also gave me a huge desire to reach as many young people as possible to show them that God loves them. I spent an evening in tears just thinking about how messed up our society is and frustrated by the role that the church plays (or doesn't play) in demonstrating God's love.

I think God was at the centre of that and I am really determined to work with my church (and other churches) to be clear on what it is we should be doing/being and getting as many people as possible on board with this vision. I really believe God is stirring something up through his spirit and I want to be faithful to him.

I feel excited and scared and tired. Cool.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally know that feeling. Like, you know you're being called to do something, but you're not quite sure what it is or how to accomplish it. It's a cool and exciting feeling, but it makes ya nervous because you're not quite sure where God is leading you. I've been there several times and am glad to hear the Lord is doing the same thing in people's lives in other parts of the world. God bless!

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home