God's Geek

Reflections and random thoughts of a geeky youth worker in North London...

Friday, February 24, 2006

Dreams for the Future

I have just booked my place on LCET's schoolswork conference 'Dreams for the future', hapepning in June this year. I am very interested in going as it is tackling some key questions, with regard to Christian schools workers, such as:
  • is it evangelism or should we call it something else?
  • How does it relate to church youth work ?
  • Do Christian youth workers sometimes hide their agendas from schools?

It follows on from an excellent article that Chris Curtis wrote last year for Youthwork magazine, entitled the Death of Schoolswork,examining issues related to these. I am looking forward to some honest discussion and a healthy way forward.

On another training note, I have heard that Kenda Creasy Dean is speaking at Oxford Youthworks in May. I would love to go but I am at Cliff College for another teaching week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home