God's Geek

Reflections and random thoughts of a geeky youth worker in North London...

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

MP3 Magic!

It was my birthday last week and I have finally got an MP3 player. After a false start, it arrived yesterday and I am very excited at owning my Creative Zen. I buy lots less music than I used to, mainly because I have less disposable income and I am trying nto to own so many possessions. However, as I pile through the CDs to add them to my player, I realise that I do have a fair few.

For one reason or another, I have got some new(ish) music recently, as well as getting hold of a couple of classics. We picked up Nevermind - Nirvana on a beautiful picture disc vinyl in Canterbury the other week, along with the Stone Roses' first album on orange vinyl. It matches my copy of Fools Gold on gold vinyl, which is one of my favourite songs.

I also picked up Arcade Fire's Neon Bible and The Last Shadow Puppets' the Age of the Understatement at a record fair. I am really enjoying both of these, and keep meaning to look into some of Arcade Fire's lyrics, which I am finding quite intriguing.

Then, someone bought me The Cream of the Beautiful South and Condensed House Martins for my birthday, which I am lovign as well, although was slightly shocked as I had never heard the album version of DOn't Marry Her before...

Finally, I am going to order the new Spiritualized album with some birthday money, so looking forward to listening to that. Anyone else got any recommendations from the past year, or re-discovered a classic album recently?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home